The following productions will show at this year's festival from 3rd to 8th
- light! – Dance performance for ages 3 and up – by tout petit (Zonhoven, Belgium)
- LOO – Performance for ages 2 and up – by Ponten Pie (Santa Coloma de Gramanent/Barcelona, Spain)
- Paired – Performance for ages 2 and up – KUDU Productions (Capetown, South Africa)
- KUUKI (»Air«) – interactive dance performance for children aged 0 to 18 months – by JIENKYO - Japan Union of Theatre Companies for Children and Young People & Alicja Morawska-Rubczak/Barbara Małecka (Tokyo, Japan and Opole, Polen)
- Twirl – A musical performance for children aged 1 to 4 and their (grand-)parents by Wervelwind Ensemble & Muziekvoorstelling.nl (Utrecht, Netherlands)
In addition to the international program, we will show three Berlin productions:
- Four on the Floor – Ensemble production for ages 2 and up – by GRIPS Theater (Berlin, Germany)
- Future Beats (former working title Rituals) – Performance for 6 months and up – by Theater o.N. & Bernd Sikora (Berlin, Germany)
- YEW:kids – Open-air-performance for ages 3 and up – by Angela Schubot & Jared Gradinger in collaboration with Nature. Commissioned by Theater o.N. for FRATZ International 2019 (Berlin, Germany)
The symposium for field professionals Another World (»Eine andere Welt«) takes place from 4th to 7th May 2019.
On 8th May, in cooperation with Augenblick mal! festival for young audiences and GRIPS Theater Berlin, we will host Auf ins Theater (»Off to the theater«), a day-long conference for prospective educators and students. (in German language only).
From 8th to 10th May, our sound pieces »Tiny Twine« and »Sound Square« will play at the venue Sophiensaele at Augenblick mal! Festival.
FRATZ International 2019: Encounters – Symposium – Festival for the Very Young
Produced by Theater o.N. | In cooperation with »Augenblick mal! 2019 - The Festival of Theater for Young Audiences«, GRIPS Theater Berlin and Kulturprojekte - Cultural Projects Berlin.
Venues and cooperation partners: Wiesenburg Halle (Wedding), Seniorenresidenz Katharinenhof (Spandau), Haus der Generationen (Lichtenberg), Botanischer Volkspark Blankenfelde-Pankow (with the friendly support of Grün Berlin GmbH), Franziskaner Klosterkirche (with the friendly support of the Department of Art and Culture, Bezirksamt Mitte von Berlin) and others | Media partners: taz.die tageszeitung and ZITTY – Das Stadtmagazin.
Funded by the Berlin State Senate Department for Culture and Europe in the funding framework of festivals with municipal cultural relevance 2018/2019 and the fund for cultural education of Berlin (Berliner Projektfonds Kulturelle Bildung).